The student membership is the regular membership for you if you’re in one of the Karolinska Institutet basic, master or PhD programs. You receive full privileges and all the benefits associated with a membership.
To become a student member you need to:
- Be registered at a course or programme at KI for the current semester
- Pay the student membership fee, which is 195 SEK per semester. You can also pay 370 SEK for one year, if you know that you are going to be a student for the whole year.
Different ways to become a member:
- We automatically send an electronic membership invoice to your KI email address or another email address that’s registered for you once we have received the information from LADOK about your registration. In the email you will find information about how to pay the membership fee and become a member of Medicinska Föreningen.
- Once you are registered in our database you will also be able to log in to our member portal using your KI username and password, the same ones you use for your KI email account. There you can pay the fee with credit card or to our bankgiro.
- You can visit our student union service desks in Solna or Huddinge and pay the fee directly with card or cash.
Are you an exchange student?
Students at a foreign medical university conducting temporary studies, e.g. Erasmus exchange studies or an internship at Karolinska Institutet as part of their studies, or students registered at another school in Stockholm doing part of their education at KI can also become student members of Medicinska Föreningen. If you are registered in Ladok for your course at KI, you can become a member in one of the ways above.
If you are not registered in Ladok, we will need a certificate of your studies at Karolinska Institutet, in order to register you as a member. You can become a member for one semester at a time, and need to give us a new certificate for each semester.
Email a valid certificate for the current semester to [email protected] and then fill in your information and pay the membership fee of SEK 195 in the member portal.