The student membership is the regular membership for all bachelor, master and PhD- students at Karolinska Institutet. You receive full privileges and all the benefits associated with a Medicinska Föreningen membership.
To become a student member you need to:
- Be registered at a course or programme at KI for the current semester
- Pay the student membership fee, which is 195 SEK per semester. You can also pay 370 SEK for one year (two semesters) but remember that you need to be a student the whole year to be counted as a member!
Different ways to pay the membership fee:
- Invoice – Once we have received information from LADOK about your registration, we automatically send you an invoice to the email address that is registered for you in Ladok or to the email address you have provided us with.
- Member portal – Once you are registered in our database you will also be able to log in to our member portal using your KI username and password. There you can pay the fee directly with credit card or to our bank giro.
- At the Student Union Offices – You can also visit one of our student union offices in Solna or Huddinge and pay the fee there with card or cash.
Are you an exchange student?
Students at a foreign medical university conducting temporary studies, e.g. Erasmus exchange studies or an internship at KI as part of their studies, or students registered at another school in Stockholm doing part of their education at KI can also become student members of MF. If you are registered in Ladok for your course at KI, you can become a member in one of the ways above.
If you are not registered in Ladok, we will need this in order to register you as a student member:
- Contact information – Name, identity number/date of birth and email address. We’ll also need to know your home address, if you want a physical Mecenat card or if you’re interested in our member magazine Medicor.
- A certificate of current studies at KI, signed by your supervisor – You can become a member for one semester at a time, and therefore need to give us a new certificate for each semester. Hand in the certificate at one of our Student Union Offices or email it to [email protected]
- Payment of the membership fee, 195 SEK. You can pay through an invoice that you create at the member portal (under “new member”), through an invoice we will send to you upon demand or at one of our Student Union Offices.
Certificate of studies at Karolinska Institutet